Share on Tumblr

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Man with the Great Layering


                          

Seeing as the cold weather is getting closer and closer I wanted to talk about something a bit more casual for a change and how to apply it to your wardrobe for the coming months.
Now, I know later has always been a key staple in fall/winter fashion, but what I have yet to see make it's way to the light style wise is the layering of multiple sweaters, scarves, shirts, and vests as much as I would like.
This topic is a frequent one with my good friend Nick and I.
If you're looking for an example of what I'm talking about then go out and rent the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Daniel Craig's character Mikael Blomkvist has what the costume designer for the movie, Rooney Mara, describes as "Very chic, but also very natural and very comfortable. He has a very casual elegance about himself."
As I have stated in articles prior, it is something to strive for that your style looks effortless, but so very well put together to fit your personality.
Modification to already created styles to fit how you feel comfortable is, of course, a style all it's own and that's what RUDESUIT is all about.
For this season I will be applying this look to my own quite often. Using some of my favorite cardigans and cable knit sweaters from J. Crew and some classic blue or crisp white Oxford button downs

A little side note for fall fashion: Don't iron your button downs.
Let Michael Bastian Explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment