Share on Tumblr

Saturday, September 22, 2012

In–vest

So I was remembering an outfit I threw on last year. It was a typical winter day in Northern Michigan and I wanted to class up my usual quilted down Patagonia vest, so I put my grey wool blazer over top. I really liked the way it looked. So I go into the shop I worked at and one of the customers said to me "Doesn't the the blazer go underneath?"
I laughed it off and walked away.
It wasn't really until lately that I had been seeing such a look on multiple street style sites which gives me a little smirk if satisfaction.
Yeah it's cold during the winter months, but that doesn't mean that all you are able to wear is are insulated, down, waterproof, wind proof... You get the idea. Things can be altered. If you have a cardigan and a pullover sweater that you like then wear them together. Winter gives you the opportunity to experiment with a ridiculous amount of layering.
At least that's the case in Michigan.

No comments:

Post a Comment