Share on Tumblr

Monday, September 17, 2012

Ode to Nick

My friend Nick made a comment to me earlier this afternoon about being on the lookout of a nice cheap turtleneck. It got me thinking.
The steady reemergence of the turtleneck in mainstream fashion is exciting to me. Seeing as men's fashion has been taking a turn to the past with vintage bomber jackets, slimmer fitting pants that have a higher rise one the hip, and shirts that are tailored to your body type perfectly, it is only right that we bring back a classic such as this as well. And let's face it, who doesn't want to be Steve McQueen?



Styling the turtleneck can be a difficult task sometimes. Best way I have found with my J.Crew Hemmingway style wool turtleneck is to not over think it.
It doesn't require much layering because the focal point will be the turtleneck wether you like it or not.
So top it with a (who'd have though?) vintage leather bomber jacket, or wear a blue dress shirt underneath for some shirt tail contrast coming out of the bottom. Once you put on a turtleneck the only thing you should have to worry about is your pants and shoes. You're good out the door. That's the beauty of it I think.
For some men it will be a daring choice, but a good one nonetheless.
(You can also do this. This works too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment