Share on Tumblr

Friday, October 5, 2012

Going (Ging)ham

I've talked about plaid in the past, but what I have yet to talk about is the great versatility of Gingham or the "picnic pattern" for the fashion illiterate.
Just like plaid it is making its way into mainstream menswear by way of boat, land, air, illegal tunneling...
Meaning it's everywhere.
Usually I give examples of how to wear it casually and formally and I know I sound like a broken record sometimes, but it's true and it works.
I've always liked khakis with gingham and the classic white Vans.
As for a formal look I'd keep it plain other than the shirt. Most of the time the most popular gingham colors are blue or red so I'd wear either a black, grey, or blue suit and a knit tie perhaps. It all depends on what the occasion is and what you expect to get out of your gingham other than laying it out in the park to relax on.

No comments:

Post a Comment