Share on Tumblr

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Fine Print

Has fashion taken a turn for the cautious? This is a question I often ask myself. Each of us who have a fashion point of view will take this question with a grain of salt, thinking that perhaps yes, but not in their case. We all want to be fashion forward and push our own limits of color and style.
I will be one to admit that I have been cautious. My lack of color can makes things easy at times. Alas, you like what you like. Each person's style changes over time and so has mine. My re-introduction of color has been steadily increasing with the emergence of more and more pattern prints that have similar color palates that are pastels or hold to very similar color families. Let me give you an example by citing  Paul Stuart line, Phineas Cole.
 



















Bold, but it is all perfectly held together by it's color family. Color should be a part of our wardrobe. In the subtle ways, I have all too often pushed on this blog or the statement pieces from Phineas Cole. It just should. It speaks to your knowledge on how to use it and can easily prompt others to add more color (or less in some cases) to their look.
My favorite thing, no matter if I'm sticking to my ways of ( for the sake of word play we'll call it) "Monocromania" or not is the use of pattern with only one color. Paisleys in all black, dress pants with vintage rug pattern using only red. It's a beautiful utilization of fashion forward + timeless design. An example would be the Jacquard Tuxedo by ASOS.


A suit that will undoubtably be a personal favorite of like after a brief stint at the tailor. It may have a "slim fit", but it should always be your fit.
If color isn't your thing then look to pattern. If pattern isn't your think then look to solid colors. If neither are your thing then I don't know, move to a nudist community.

No comments:

Post a Comment